Just wanted to share our new video. We are desperate to focus TOUCH RUGBY operation for the community and the Social player – Get Fit Have Fun is what we are about.
Please share this
As as service to our Touch community, lonely hearts and people with no mates (jokes) we do accept individuals at certain venues where there is capacity. So whatever reason you no longer have a full team,be it that…
- You are new to the CITY?
- Your old Team is not longer playing!
- You want to Play more than once a week!
- You want to Play in Winter & Play Indoors (Turbo)
- Want to join and Over 35’s / Womens team
- You are the parent of a Budding Junior player
- Your friends play Soccer
CLICK HERE to ENTER
TOUCH ENTRIES ARE OPEN FOR SUMMER 2017-2018
All our favourite Auckland and West Auckland venues are open for ENTRY. We take teams in all shapes and sizes so get your WORK MATES, your Social Netball team or better still your entire family and jump into a Touch comp near you. There is something for everyone
- Cost Effective Touch – Mt Roskill – $550 Massey – $450 per team*
- Corporate Touch – Victoria Park – Companies only – $750
- Elite Touch – COXES Bay Westmere – $650 per team*
- Junior Touch – Sandringham and Massey – $260 and $220 per team
- Masters Touch – Massey (Wed) $450* and Sandringham (Thurs) $600
- Social Mixed – Mt Roskill $550, Massey Thursday $450*
- Touch in the South – Auckland Airport – $400
- Lunch Time touch – Vic Park $400
- Individual Entries – Massey (Thurs), Sandringham (Tues), Mt Roskill (Wed) – $85 per person
- Turbo Touch – Monday nights – Vic Park – Outdoor and very social!
- * = Additional referees fees per game
Click On our list of Venues to find you Best location! – Click Here
For Detailed Information – Click here
Ready to ENTER – Click Here
April is upon us and Summer Touch is a thing of the past as we all switch to Winter Codes, the couch, more sugary coffee and meat pies…
…. Don’t go to the dark side… stay active, keep fit and “STAY IN TOUCH”
Here is how to stay connected with the OVAL ball through the next 6 months
#1: Coxes Bay Winter Touch. Starts Sunday 7th May – Space limited to 48 teams so Hurry Hurry to be part of Auckland Best 16 week competition. Click Here
There is a grade for all teams – Mens, Mixed, Womens and Social. Weather is very settled earlier in the morning. We have cancelled just once in 2 years.
#2: Monday Newmarket Touch – **** Full – Too Late *** – You can play TURBO TOUCH at St Peters (Newmarket) if you get in today – Click Here
#3: CORPORATE LUNCH TIME TOUCH (8 weeks) – VIC PARK: Starts Thursday 4th May – Who can’t find 35 minutes during lunch on Thursday. Click Here
#4: Turbo Touch
Monday Newmarket: 3rd April (12 weeks) 3 spots Left Hurry Hurry– Click here
Tuesday North Shore: 2nd May (11 weeks) 7 Spots left Hurry Hurry – Click Here
Friday Waitakere Trusts: 28th April (10 Weeks) – Still Space – Click Here
#5: Women: We have a Women’s only grade at Coxes Bay at 10am each Sunday – Click here if you are an individual female looking to play.
#7: Over 35’s: Too Old to play league or Rugby, jump in with the OLD Boys Sunday Coxes Bay . Enter as an individual or better still your whole team – click here
#8: Kids and Whanau: We certainly allow children and families to play in our Mixed Social Grade at Coxes Bay. Games take place around 12:15pm each Sunday. Team entries only – Bring your mom , Dad, Aunty and Uncle for a game of social touch. Boys u12 count as females in the mixed category.
Thats all for now – Emaill, Txt or call if you need any information or would like to give feedback.
Graeme and the Team
At TOUCHRUGBY.co.nz we love the sport of TOUCH and spent countless hours developing and promoting it. We believe TOUCH is a mass participation sport and that promoting bigger and better competitions is the best way forward.
We are structured as a commercial business and cant hide from that fact, however our outcomes are the most noble of any sports administration body. At the height of summer we provide weekly games of touch for close to 450 teams, more than most well-funded sports federations and all done without a single cent contribution from any agency or funder. As an organisation we are proudly affiliated to our National and Regional Sports organisation and pay sizable affiliation fees to 3 Touch provinces and the National Body. We pay hefty PAYE, Income Tax and GST bills and we pay all this happily because we know what wonderful facilities we play on and importantly the pathways that belonging to legitimate sports codes brings.
As an organisation we strive to be innovative, provide friendly referees at well managed and located venues around Auckland. In addition to the weekly touch competitions we promote fun, one-off Tournaments such as the “proud to play” and Waiheke Social Touch competition. We dabble in modified versions of the sport such as Turbo Touch and Tag, only as far as it give our teams something NEW in a competitive social sports market. We are owner-managed, with a great IT backbone to support team captains, who are the cornerstone of our business. We are not scared to try new playing surfaces, new formats of the game and rule variations, draw formats that encourage like vs like participation. We are constantly trying to give more accessibility to women, children, over 35’s, corporates and even the elite Teams!
We make mistakes all the time, but own up to them and try to improve when we can!
As we come to the end of Summer, when the focus tends to shift from participation to winning we get asked by a few teams about the way we do things!
- Why is Touch so expensive?
- We want prize-money?
- Better teams should get better prizes!
- Surely A grade teams are more important!
Here are some of our perspectives and practices in this regard.
- TOUCH is cheap. Per game played, per minute of organised exercise or recreation I challenge anyone to find a cheaper alternative. I am referring to “organised” sport and not volunteer, charity or sponsor driven recreation.
- TouchRugby.co.nz has competitions across Auckland that vary between $2-$5 per person per game. Our Central venues are more expensive, but a little further out, touch can be played significantly less money.
- TOUCHRUGBY has NOT INCREASED FEES at major competitions for 3-4 years. Winter, Coxes Bay, Massey, Juniors.
- We PAY referees and would happily train and PAY any players who could not afford their fees.
- We do “SPEND” significant money on Prizes. We budget 7% of our turnover for Prizes. We work harder to increase that value of those prizes to 10-14% of our Turnover. We do this through barter deals and discounts with our sponsors.
- We do value our Elite teams. We acknowledge that they do set the tone of the competition as they provide examples of the beauty of the game of Touch, that training and hard work delivers results. Without watching these teams, social teams could never understand the value of patterns, settles and set moves.
- Their passion for the sport and countless hours away from our competition IS possibly the most valuable to us. That is where the deliver their true value, however it is a little known fact that elite teams on a competition / module level Elite teams cost us a lot more than our lovable loser teams!
- Elite teams are demanding and rightly so. They get the fastest and most reliable referees, very often 2 of them.
- They tend to get the preferential fields because elite touch requires full width and length.
- We discount their multiple team entry as a way of saying thank-you, but in terms of business outgoings they are paying less per game.
- ELITE teams invariably WIN, receiving prizes and sizable discounts off future participation.
- Unfortunately, and it is a consequence we accept, they cause many of our lovable loser teams to drop out. It is merely a fact that, on the whole teams losing more games than they win over the season are likely to not ENJOY themselves as much and might chose a different recreation alternative.
So the long and short of it is… We Love our Lovable Loser teams as much as our Elite teams and will continue to award equal prizes!
We are giving “Autumn” Lunch time Touch a crack.
There will be a grade for Mens and Mixed teams and the competition is set to start on Thursday afternoon – 4th May.
It will be an 8-Week competition before the Windy rainy winter sets in. Games will be played over 35 minutes at 12:15, 12:50 and 13:15 respectively. Teams can expect an even rotation around these times.
The costs for the 8 week season is $400 per team. We will be taking individuals entries too, so if your entire team cant make it that is OK, we will put you in a team.
SATURDAY 11th FEB 2017
Location is the ONETANGI SPORTS PARK – some 15 minutes by car from the Mataitia Ferry Stop (Fullers) and 5 minutes from the Half Moon Bay (Sea Link Ferry).
Cost is $200 per team. Minimum of 4 games per team. Strictly Social with no more than 3 reps per team
Book your Ferry through SEALINK. Adult return fare $25 per person and Child return fare $16 per person.
This is approximately 30% off your ticket. Sealink does not have an online enabled booking system. You need to call their SALES centre (above) and tell them you want the “Sports Team” deal for the TOUCH event on the 11th. 0800 SEALINK or (09) 300 5900 or via email to email@example.com Have your payment particulars details on the ready. (If the person is confused ask to speak to a manager and failing this send me a rude email and I will kick butt…)
Transfers: The Sealink Ferry uses the Kennedy Point terminus, which is different to the Fullers Ferry that uses the Matiatia Terminus. Kennedy Point is actually closer to ONETANGI park (5 mins by car). What is quite a good idea is for one member of your team to take a vehicle on the 6am Early Ferry. 2 tickets are included in that Fee and best of all, your team will have Wheels on the other side.
Cash Transfer: will have a bus available at $5 (Cash) per one way trip to and from the Ferry to the park.
Departure Points: Sealink Ferrys depart from Wynyard Quarter (City) and Half Moon Bay – Pakuranga (Car Ferry). They arrive at Kennedy’s Point
With immediate effect Victoria Park has been officially closed for the installation of an irrigation system. The fact that Vic Park desperately needs a better irrigation system and will become a far better playing surface as a result thereof, does not help over 100 Touch teams and the organisers of NEW ZEALANDS largest touch footy competition, as well as Grafton Cricket also one of the countries largest cricket clubs, who now have no place to play.
When informed of the possible installation, field users were told that pipes would be thrust under the surface and that there would be work done on the periphery of the park. Plans were made for extra touch fields and an early summer start to acccomodate the upheaval. Regrettably, that has changed and trenches are now being dug in a matrix across the surface. This work will be completed in December with time being set aside in January to allow the replaced grass to “take”.
So here is what we plan to do….
CORPORATE MIXED – It is possible that certain parts of VIC PARK will STILL BE PLAYABLE have been cut away and this we plan to still play on the 5th & 12th December – Bring your KIT ready to play at VIC PARK.
The 5pm Mixed Competition – For the next 3 weeks games will be moved to COXES bay for a 5:30pm start. Those players used to walking across to the park will need to make a 5-minute car trip up along College Hill Road to WEST END ROAD in Westmere to the Awesom Coxes Bay reserve…
Mens Corporate Games – Most of the Men’s games will be moved to 7:55pm at Coxes Bay reserve
- 5th December – 5pm and Mens to COXES BAY. Corporate Mixed on Standby (Games still scheduled at VIC PARK spare fields)
- 12th December – 5pm and Mens to COXES BAY. Corporate Mixed on Standby (Games still scheduled at VIC PARK spare fields)
- 19th December – POSSIBLE MOVE OF ALL FIXTURES TO AUCKLAND DOMAIN
- 9th January – POSSIBLE MOVE OF ALL FIXTURES TO AUCKLAND DOMAIN
Here at TOUCHRUGBY.co.nz we never cancel because of “rain” itself. In other words, a little bit of rain never hurt anyone.
We MIGHT cancel due to unsafe playing conditions, council ground closure or even lightning and often this does not leave us with sufficient time to inform teams.
We tend to head out of the office around 3pm, so depending on the time of a cancellation (and this seldom happens remember!!) or if you are worried, its best for team Organisers to TXT me on 021 249 3678 for an update.
If we officially cancel then this is what we do in order of priority and time available…
1: We update Facebook – www.facebook.com/touchfooty – LIKE US!!
2: We send an email, such as this one
3: We update our website news section – www.touchrugby.co.nz
4: We text captains only
Thanks for listening