Cox’s Bay Junior Touch, previously known as Galaxy Touch, is hosted at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere. This is a schools competition for Junior and Intermediate children. There are 2 distinct terms of Touch during Term 4 and Term 1.
We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Club or Private teams that may wish to enter.
Schools competition on Tuesday afternoons at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere.
- Mixed Grades for Year 1-4
- Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades from year 5-8
- We have an “OPEN” grade for competitive teams and intermediate age teams
Dates & Times
2021 Term 4 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 4: 26th Oct to 7th Dec 2021
2022 Term 1 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 1: 8th Feb to 22nd March 2022
Mixed Grade for Years 1-4, Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades for Years 5-8
- Years 1 & 2 and Years 3 & 4 – 4:00pm / Years 5 & 6 – 4:30pm / Years 7 & 8 – 5:05pm
- There are slight rule variations for when All girls or Mixed teams play against boys teams
- We play 5 aside in the years 1-4 Age groups. (Encourages more touches of the ball).
- $350 per team per 7 week season (including referees fees)
- Schools entering 5 or more teams will receive a free team
Contact & Payment Details
- Graeme Wallace | Grant Medcalf – 027 666 5668
- Account for Team Payments: 12-3053-0608734-00 – Ref: Team Name & Cox’s Bay Juniors
- Coxes Bay Reserve, West End Road, Westmere, Auckland 1022
Facilities & Extra Info
- Full-size, sand-slit Touch fields
- Changerooms available
- Ample parking
- Kiddies playground and a running track around the park
- Gas Barbecues, tables and chairs – perfect for a team get-together
Map of The Footy Fields