Cox’s Bay Junior Touch, previously known as Galaxy Touch, is hosted at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere. This is a schools competition for Junior and Intermediate children. There are 2 distinct terms of Touch during Term 4 and Term 1.
We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Club or Private teams that may wish to enter.
Schools competition on Tuesday afternoons at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere.
- Mixed Grades for Year 1-4
- Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades from year 5-8
- We have an “OPEN” grade for competitive teams and intermediate age teams
Dates & Times
2021 Term 4 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 4: 26th Oct to 7th Dec 2021
2022 Term 1 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 1: 8th Feb to 22nd March 2022
Mixed Grade for Years 1-4, Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades for Years 5-8
- Years 1 & 2 and Years 3 & 4 – 4:00pm / Years 5 & 6 – 4:30pm / Years 7 & 8 – 5:05pm
- There are slight rule variations for when All girls or Mixed teams play against boys teams
- We play 5 aside in the years 1-4 Age groups. (Encourages more touches of the ball).
- $350 per team per 7 week season (including referees fees)
- Schools entering 5 or more teams will receive a free team
Contact & Payment Details
- Graeme Wallace | Grant Medcalf – 027 666 5668
- Account for Team Payments: 12-3053-0608734-00 – Ref: Team Name & Cox’s Bay Juniors
- Coxes Bay Reserve, West End Road, Westmere, Auckland 1022
Facilities & Extra Info
- Full-size, sand-slit Touch fields
- Changerooms available
- Ample parking
- Kiddies playground and a running track around the park
- Gas Barbecues, tables and chairs – perfect for a team get-together
Map of The Footy Fields
Just a reminder of our Inclement Weather Policy
Whenever there is little bit of rain in the air, we start to receive emails and texts with the question “are we playing”.
The answer is always “YES” you are playing and that remains the case until we specifically inform your team otherwise in the following manner:
1: We update Facebook – www.facebook.com/touchfooty – LIKE US!!
2: We send an email to the database.
3: We update our website news section – www.touchrugby.co.nz
4: We text captains only
Then with regards to the actual decision to cancel, here is how we make the decision. We won’t CANCEL because its raining per say. We cancel if there is danger to life or limb, the chance of irreparable damage to the field and finally if we can afford to postpone fixtures.
If ever you are mildly worried about rain just before you come down for your fixture, you are welcome to TEXT to 021 249 3678 or the designated TOUCH line of 027 666 5668 to ask but if there is no update on the website, facebook page or received a text advising that Touch is cancelled, it is very likely that its still going ahead.
As we finish up the first half of our Summer 20/21 Comps and before we head out for a well deserved Xmas Break, we would just like to advise on the start-up dates to resume the various Senior Comps in the New Year:
- Vic Park Touch – 11th January 2021
- Massey Thursday Touch – 14th January 2021
- Orakei/ Grammar Tec Touch – 14th January 2021
- Cornwall Thursday Touch – 14th January 2021
- Grey Lynn/ Richmond Rovers Touch – 15th January 2021
- Panmure/ Marist Auckland & Tamaki Touched – 15th January 2021
- Cox’s Bay Touch – 18th January 2021
- Manukau Rovers Touch – 19th January 2021
- Vic Park Lunchtime Touch – 19th January 2021
- Grammar/ Mt Eden Touch – 19th January 2021
- Massey Wednesday Touch – 20th January 2021
- Cornwall Wednesday Touch – 20th January 2021
- Mt Roskill Touch – 20th January 2021
From the team at TouchRugby.co.nz, we wish you and your whanau a blessed Xmas and Safe festive season.
There is this ugly bug floating around, causing all sorts of gatherings to be cancelled.
We just wanted to put your mind at ease and confirm in writing that we will NOT be charging you for games that are not played specifically due to Covid and level 2.5 restrictions. We are happy to refund or credit your fees for any games that have been cancelled owing to Covid. Of course, where we have the opportunity to POSTPONE games or play catch up or double-headers we will make sure we deliver on the promised quota of games. Junior Comp seasons are 7 weeks / games and Adults 14 weeks / games.
If absolutely NO games are played, through the entire season, we will retain 10% of your entry to a maximum of $50 to support the infrastructure that goes with opening entries, marketing etc. That fee can be used as a deposit against future entries fees if needs be.
Was hoping to get out on the pitch and restart the current Touch and Turbo Touch Leagues but with the governments latest announcement on the Coronavirus and lockdown levels, there will unfortunately be no Touch or Turbo Touch until at least the 14th September now.
I’m sure you are all chomping at the bit to get out and play again but stay safe and keep working on those skills at home.
Stay Safe and Be Kind to one another.
Dammit its happened again!! With governments latest announcement on the Coronavirus and lockdown levels, there will unfortunately be no Touch or Turbo Touch until at least the 7th September.
Try keep fit and work on those skills at home and we will hopefully see you again on the Footy pitch soon.
Stay Safe and Be Kind to one another.