COVID POLICY (dated 4th April at 10am)
- We are legally allowed to, and will continue to PLAY TOUCH in the RED, ORANGE and GREEN LIGHT Covid Protection Framework settings.
- We acknowledge that it is likely that there might be a degree of transmission of Covid amongst teams and individuals participating at our competitions. If anyone is uncomfortable with that possibility, we would advise them NOT to participate.
Cancellation / Default Procedure
- It is polite for Captains to inform Organisers of their intention to default. It give us time to plan and arrange a meaningful game for your opposition. Simply NOT ARRIVING is rude and disrespectful to all parties, opposition and officials.
- The internal Email confirmation system used by teams and captains IS NOT an acceptable way to inform organisers of a default.
- Time and space permitting, we will do our best to catch up a defaulted game, although as the season nears its end, this will become harder to do this and most likely your team will be recorded a 5-0 loss.
- Short of Numbers: If your team is short of numbers, we strongly advise you to arrive with whoever can play. We will attempt to arrange “ringers” to fill in. At best the opposition will be delighted you have made the effort and at Worst the game can be officially defaulted yet still played.
- Before each game, if you are using ringers please have a chat to the opposing captain and clarify if the results will “stand” or if its just a muckaround game
Here is our evolving Vaccine / Covid Policy and Plan. At any time, the latest update appearing live here, will be our official stance.
- We take guidance from the following resource SportNZ – Click Here
- We are legally permitted to, and plan to play in Red and Orange light phases of the Covid Protection Framework (CPF).
Adults (and anyone older than 12 yrs) who haven’t been double vaccinated cannot participate in our competitions. All Adults (over 12 yrs) must be prepared to show a valid Vaccine Passport QR Code, either printed or on a charged and present mobile phone. Children under 12 – Are not required to show their vaccine pass, and it not mandatory for them to be vaccinated to participate. TouchRugby reserves the right to insist that this Pass be presented before playing. (Any leniency granted in NOT requesting a pass, does not become a right as in, “you never asked me last time”). Team Organisers: MUST check players vaccine Passes and should not knowingly allow unvaccinated adults to participate. We suggest they gather copies (printed or electronic) of their respective members passports for Presentation to referees and venue managers. Vaccinated Spectators are Encouraged to be at our games AND events: Mask Up, distance by 1 metre and use your common sense. DO NOT enter the field of play. For one-off games spectators may join their team in their gather. For Tournaments spectators may not join the Team bubble at any stage and may keep their own supporters bubble / gathering. Jurisdiction – TouchRugby is a private organization, whilst affiliated to TouchNZ and Regional Sport Organisations, the right to participate in our competitions is totally reserved.
REFUND POLICY: Specifically as it pertains to COVID
- If our competitions are unable to proceed owing to a newly instituted LOCKDOWN, teams will be refunded pro-rata the games they cannot play, less a 10% admin fee. These fees are calculated on a 14 game adult season and a 7 game Junior season.
- If we are NOT in lockdown, our competitions will be proceeding irrespective of the Colour status of the CPF (red / orange / green). This means our services will be proceeding with requisite manpower and expenses associated with presenting the competition. Teams that have signed up for the competitions will be liable for fees as agreed up on at registration.
- Regrettably teams that cannot play because certain members need to be isolated, will not be refunded. We will do genuine best to schedule double-headers, arrange fills ins and to play catch up games where possible.
The 29th November seems like a line in the sand and when we can look forward to playing some touch again. ” Insert subject to …. clause here 🙂 ”
We are gearing up to squeeze in 3 weeks of Adults touch before the XMAS break holidays.
We are then gearing up to play 9-10 weeks between Jan and March.
At this stage Juniors will be played in Term 1, however we are considering some form of one-off Tournament.
Tentative dates – Adults
Monday Touch @ Vic Park & Cox’s Bay – 6th, 13th, 20th December 2021
Tuesday Touch @ Cox’s Bay, Mangere (Manukau Rovers), Vic Park Lunch – 7th, 14th, 21st December 2021
Wednesday Touch @ Massey, Cornwall Park, Fearon Park, East Coast Bays – 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd December 2021
Thursday Touch @ Orakei Domain, Cornwall Park, East Coast Bays – 2nd, 9th, 16th December 2021
Friday Touch @ Grey Lynn Park, Panmure – 3rd, 10th, 17th December 2021
Regrettably, there will be insufficient time to squeeze in a JUNIOR Term 4 competition, however we WILL be running Junior Touch in Term 1, commencing in the first week of School.
Juniors & Seniors One-Day Tournament interest
We are “pivoting”, which means thinking on our feet :-). We are putting in place plans for a welcome back TRAFFIC LIGHT TOUCH TOURNAMENT, in lieu of our missed popular Spring Warm up Tournament. This is venue dependent and the tentative dates are the 4th and 5th December – Let us know if your team would be interested in taking part in this Comp so we can start gaging interest? We are considering having Juniors on Saturday and Seniors on Sunday. (Basically the belated Spring Warm up Tournament).
Other Important Stuff
We will be implementing whatever Vaccine Passport requirements are mandated.
We will be operating strict Covid health policies, including cleaning equipment, separating fields and possible entrances.
Pro-rate Reduction in Fees – If for whatever reason competitions are cut short, we will be refunding teams for the games that haven’t been played, less a 10% Admin fee.
So dust off & polish those boots. Start stretching those lockdown muscles and get ready for touch again in a few weeks!!
Junior Touch refers to fun 7-week term based Touch competitions for kids between Yr1 (5) all the way to Yr 7&8 (12&13). TOUCHRUGBY runs Junior Competitions in Auckland – Central (Cox’s Bay Reserve), Norwest (Massey), Central (Sandringham) and South (Mangere).
Our competitions are FUN, summer competitions, where we encourage mass participation. Our competitions are affiliated to Touch NZ and the respective Provincial Touch associations. We encourage the KEEN, TALENTED children to seek out the representative pathways that are on offer from Harbour, Auckland & Counties Touch.
Cox’s Bay Junior Touch, previously known as Galaxy Touch, is hosted at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere. This is a schools competition for Junior and Intermediate children. There are 2 distinct terms of Touch during Term 4 and Term 1. We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Club or Private teams that may wish to enter.
Term 4 Touch Kicks off on TUESDAY afternoon 19th October for 8 weeks Finishing 7th December 2021.
Central Juniors is hosted at Fearon Park in Mt Roskill. Enjoy the smiles and non-competitive nature of this awesome Junior competition that has close links to Eden Rugby as well schools in the Sandringham, Mt Albert and Mt Roskill area.
Term 4 Touch Kicks off Wednesday 27th 2021 for 7 weeks Finishing in the 2nd Week of December.
The Mangere Juniors Touch competition is hosted at Williams Park home of Manukau Rovers. There are Grades for Year 1&2 (4pm), 3&4 (4&4:30pm), 5&6, 7&8 (open) (5&5:30). Preferably no more than 8 players in a team but as many as 10 will be accepted. We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Rugby and League teams.
Term 4 Touch Kicks off on TUESDAY afternoon 26th October for 7 weeks Finishing 13th December 2021.Enter a League Fixtures Ask a Question Individual Entry
Norwest Junior Touch is hosted at the picturesque Moire Park in Massey. This is a schools competition for Junior and Intermediate children. There are 2 distinct terms of Touch during Term 4 and Term 1.
We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Rugby and League teams.
Term 4 Junior Touch Touch Starts on 27th October 2021 for 7 weeks finishing in the 2nd week of December 2021.
Here is some lazy, light lockdown Touch Footy info for your reading pleasure. We have some info around currently “Paused” Winter competitions, some Spring one-off Events and of course Summer Touch. (Summer is 2-months away so we remain positive we will be gathering socially to play sport by then… Hmmm).
WINTER COMPETITIONS – Status
Winter Touch and Winter Turbo comps are on HOLD owing to the Covid lockdown. We are not cancelling any of them just yet, but will probably reduce the seasons so we can finish in time for Summer Touch. We watch our daily numbers and trends with interest.
Turbo n Vibez – (Turbo Touch Nationals) scheduled for the 12th Sept has been officially Cancelled. Damnn!
SPRING WARM-UP TOURNAMENTS – Jnr and Snrs
We have separate One-Day Tournaments for Junior and Senior Teams respectively. Both these events are OPEN for entry. Play 4-5 warm up games, get your combos sorted, listen to great Music and generally have a fun day out with Friends and Whanau.
Spring Warm Up for Senior Teams – Sun 26th Sept Coxes Bay – Click Here
***SPRING WARM UP Tournament for JUNIOR Teams*** New Event – Sunday 17 October – Kristin College – North Shore – Click Here
Waiheke 2022 – Only space or 30 teams – Sat 12th Feb 2022 – (Already starting to full up) – Click Here
***NEW JUNIOR and SENIOR COMPETITIONS***
We are pleased to announce that TouchRugby.co.nz is now managing Tuesday at Cox’s Bay. Along with our amazing MONDAY night we will add a very popular JUNIOR competition, followed by the old Corporate competition to make TUESDAY at Cox’s Bay great again!
SUMMER TOUCH for JUNIORS
Touch for Juniors – Auckland Wide
Tues – Mangere / Tues – Westmere / Wed – Mt Roskill / Wed – Massey
** New **Spring Warm Up Tournament for JUNIOR Teams – All Teams Welcome – Click Here
SUMMER TOUCH for ADULTS
We have a host of great summer touch locations, each with its own atmosphere, grades and playing level. There should be something for every type of team! Generally each comp taps off in the week commencing 25th October **. If you have a regular team, and know exactly Where you want to play, simply CLICK Here, sign in with the email address you have received this communication on and sign up!
Touch on a Monday
Vic Park Touch ** Early Tap off, Coxes Bay Touch, Vic Park Turbo
Touch on a Tuesday
Coxes Bay (Jnr&Snr), Auckland Grammar, Mangere / Airport (Manukau Rovers) (Jnr&Snr), Vic Park Lunch
Touch on a Wednesday
Massey (Jnr&;Snr) Massey RFC, Cornwall Park, Mt Roskill (Jnr&Snr)
Touch on a Thursday
Orakei Domain (Grammar Tec), Cornwall Park, Massey (Massey RFC),
Touch on a Friday Night for Communities
Grey Lynn (Richmond Rovers), Panmure Mt Wellington (Marist Auckland)
TEAM KIT – Click Here for more information and to get a list of our accredited suppliers. We offer our own funky kit sets too. $250 for a set of 14 Numbered Singlets, perfect for your Social Touch Team. (Big, small and in between). Our order is placed so kits will be here well in time for Spring Warm up events and certainly ready for summer tap-off.
INDIVIDUALS – What if you can’t enter a whole team. Click here for more info on how to enter as an Individual as well as our GURUS touch club. We try to leave no one behind!
MASTERS GRADES – Thurs Cornwall, Thurs Orakei, Wed Massey. (On Monday and Tuesday we put Masters into Mens Social Grades). Click Here
REFEREES – We need Senior and Junior Refs. Click Here Keep Fit, Earn some spending money, but more importantly make a difference – Get in Touch and we will train you, Kit you out
That’s all for now – Stay in TOUCH and hopefully we can get out and about sooner rather than later
The Touch Team
New Zealand moves to Alert Level 4 from 11;59pm 17 August 2021. The initial lockdown period for Auckland is 7-days, which means that ALL Touch and Turbo Touch Comps have been postponed whilst we are in lockdown Level 4.
As and when we receive MORE information from Gov we will make decisions and inform teams about when we can resume.
Lets hope this passes quickly so we can resume playing.
Leagues affected are Cox’s Bay Sunday, Newmarket/ St Peters Monday, Westlake Thursdays and City West Turbo Fridays.
Stay Safe and keep up your skills in your backyard with your Bubble.
Cox’s Bay Junior Touch, previously known as Galaxy Touch, is hosted at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere. This is a schools competition for Junior and Intermediate children. There are 2 distinct terms of Touch during Term 4 and Term 1.
We prefer teams entering under the school banner, however when certain schools are not participating we welcome Club or Private teams that may wish to enter.
Schools competition on Tuesday afternoons at the picturesque Cox’s Bay Reserve in Westmere.
- Mixed Grades for Year 1-4
- Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades from year 5-8
- We have an “OPEN” grade for competitive teams and intermediate age teams
Dates & Times
2021 Term 4 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 4: 26th Oct to 7th Dec 2021
2022 Term 1 League
Tuesday afternoons – Term 1: 8th Feb to 22nd March 2022
Mixed Grade for Years 1-4, Boys, Mixed and Girls Grades for Years 5-8
- Years 1 & 2 and Years 3 & 4 – 4:00pm / Years 5 & 6 – 4:30pm / Years 7 & 8 – 5:05pm
- There are slight rule variations for when All girls or Mixed teams play against boys teams
- We play 5 aside in the years 1-4 Age groups. (Encourages more touches of the ball).
- $350 per team per 7 week season (including referees fees)
- Schools entering 5 or more teams will receive a free team
Contact & Payment Details
- Graeme Wallace | Grant Medcalf – 027 666 5668
- Account for Team Payments: 12-3053-0608734-00 – Ref: Team Name & Cox’s Bay Juniors
- Coxes Bay Reserve, West End Road, Westmere, Auckland 1022
Facilities & Extra Info
- Full-size, sand-slit Touch fields
- Changerooms available
- Ample parking
- Kiddies playground and a running track around the park
- Gas Barbecues, tables and chairs – perfect for a team get-together
Map of The Footy Fields
Just a reminder of our Inclement Weather Policy
Whenever there is little bit of rain in the air, we start to receive emails and texts with the question “are we playing”.
The answer is always “YES” you are playing and that remains the case until we specifically inform your team otherwise in the following manner:
1: We update Facebook – www.facebook.com/touchfooty – LIKE US!!
2: We send an email to the database.
3: We update our website news section – www.touchrugby.co.nz
4: We text captains only
Then with regards to the actual decision to cancel, here is how we make the decision. We won’t CANCEL because its raining per say. We cancel if there is danger to life or limb, the chance of irreparable damage to the field and finally if we can afford to postpone fixtures.
If ever you are mildly worried about rain just before you come down for your fixture, you are welcome to TEXT to 021 249 3678 or the designated TOUCH line of 027 666 5668 to ask but if there is no update on the website, facebook page or received a text advising that Touch is cancelled, it is very likely that its still going ahead.
As we finish up the first half of our Summer 20/21 Comps and before we head out for a well deserved Xmas Break, we would just like to advise on the start-up dates to resume the various Senior Comps in the New Year:
- Vic Park Touch – 11th January 2021
- Massey Thursday Touch – 14th January 2021
- Orakei/ Grammar Tec Touch – 14th January 2021
- Cornwall Thursday Touch – 14th January 2021
- Grey Lynn/ Richmond Rovers Touch – 15th January 2021
- Panmure/ Marist Auckland & Tamaki Touched – 15th January 2021
- Cox’s Bay Touch – 18th January 2021
- Manukau Rovers Touch – 19th January 2021
- Vic Park Lunchtime Touch – 19th January 2021
- Grammar/ Mt Eden Touch – 19th January 2021
- Massey Wednesday Touch – 20th January 2021
- Cornwall Wednesday Touch – 20th January 2021
- Mt Roskill Touch – 20th January 2021
From the team at TouchRugby.co.nz, we wish you and your whanau a blessed Xmas and Safe festive season.
There is this ugly bug floating around, causing all sorts of gatherings to be cancelled.
We just wanted to put your mind at ease and confirm in writing that we will NOT be charging you for games that are not played specifically due to Covid and level 2.5 restrictions. We are happy to refund or credit your fees for any games that have been cancelled owing to Covid. Of course, where we have the opportunity to POSTPONE games or play catch up or double-headers we will make sure we deliver on the promised quota of games. Junior Comp seasons are 7 weeks / games and Adults 14 weeks / games.
If absolutely NO games are played, through the entire season, we will retain 10% of your entry to a maximum of $50 to support the infrastructure that goes with opening entries, marketing etc. That fee can be used as a deposit against future entries fees if needs be.