Archive for the ‘Auckland Airport’ Category
At TouchRugby.co.nz we like to be practical and we strive to offer “meaningful competition” to all its paying teams and players. We see ourselves being successful, if our teams have a good run and come back the following season. We pay an enormous amount to be affiliated, we apply FIT rules for the most part, we support and develop referees, players and the youth however only 1 thing allows us to do this, the PAYING customer!!
Sometimes this is like making a rod for our own backs, because our formats and rulings are varied, within grades, across competitions and in some instances for certain teams. It means that as organizers we have to try a little harder, communicate a little more, and the lines can sometimes be a bit grey. For now, this is how we choose to operate and let me explain what this means…
1: Formats will vary: We put creating grades of “equal strength” above keeping a rigid format of 6 or 8 in a grade.It means we can have as many as 12 teams in a section if they are teams are even, or 4 or 5 teams. This means some grades have to play a single round, others double round, some quarters, other straight knock out.
2: Mixed Rules: We know finding an equal amount of females as men can deter MIXED teams from entering, so in certain grades and competitions we play a ratio of 4 guys : 2 girls on the field and others 3 : 3. Our A grade (or elite grades) tend to be 3-3 and the more social ones 4-2.
3: * We allow competent Children to play in Social Mixed competitions. Boys under 12 can play as females in Mixed Grades. **
4: * We do allow competent Females to play in the MEN’s grade **
5: Mixed Grades: Particularly in Smaller competitions, or where for instance we are trying to grow the FEMALE game, we allow MIXED teams, women’s teams and even Youth teams to participate in the same grade. We might even allocate additional points for female’s scoring tries. Once again, this is how we choose to operate, and if we feel that it causes our teams NOT to enjoy their experience,we retain the right to change or amend our stance.
* Under no circumstances do we expect the opposition team’s Adults in point 3 above and the Men in point 4 above, to treat these Kids and females ANY DIFFERENTLY. Teams choosing to field children and females cannot in any way expect them to be treated differently. If this is your expectation then DO NOT play such individuals out of grade. No snide or sarcastic remarks, physical or verbal abuse will be tolerated (defending said children and women) when an adult or male might Touch them too hard etc. Simply remove them from the field.
** If our referee feels that the said “female or under-age player” is not competent enough or is in imminent danger of being harmed or effecting the nature of the game, the referee has sole discretion NOT to allow that person to play.
As as service to our Touch community, lonely hearts and people with no mates (jokes) we do accept individuals at certain venues where there is capacity. So whatever reason you no longer have a full team,be it that…
- You are new to the CITY?
- Your old Team is not longer playing!
- You want to Play more than once a week!
- You want to Play in Winter & Play Indoors (Turbo)
- Want to join and Over 35’s / Womens team
- You are the parent of a Budding Junior player
- Your friends play Soccer
CLICK HERE to ENTER
TOUCH ENTRIES ARE OPEN FOR SUMMER 2017-2018
All our favourite Auckland and West Auckland venues are open for ENTRY. We take teams in all shapes and sizes so get your WORK MATES, your Social Netball team or better still your entire family and jump into a Touch comp near you. There is something for everyone
- Cost Effective Touch – Mt Roskill – $550 Massey – $450 per team*
- Corporate Touch – Victoria Park – Companies only – $750
- Elite Touch – COXES Bay Westmere – $650 per team*
- Junior Touch – Sandringham and Massey – $260 and $220 per team
- Masters Touch – Massey (Wed) $450* and Sandringham (Thurs) $600
- Social Mixed – Mt Roskill $550, Massey Thursday $450*
- Touch in the South – Auckland Airport – $400
- Lunch Time touch – Vic Park $400
- Individual Entries – Massey (Thurs), Sandringham (Tues), Mt Roskill (Wed) – $85 per person
- Turbo Touch – Monday nights – Vic Park – Outdoor and very social!
- * = Additional referees fees per game
Click On our list of Venues to find you Best location! – Click Here
For Detailed Information – Click here
Ready to ENTER – Click Here
Just a reminder that we start a whole new 10-week summer Touch competition at the Airport on Tuesday week (19th January).
The cost for the season is $400 ($40 per game) and the competition has 2 grades “Social mens and Social mixed”. Social is a relative term – but mostly the people who play are from companies in a around the airport. We do accept family and social teams outside of this.
Games are played between 5:30 and 7:30pm.
If you would like to re-enter your team and get rid of those Festive season layers then sign up your team online – Enter Online
Here is a fancy flyer to download and print if your players need convincing – click here.
Thanks and see you down there next Tuesday
021 249 3678